Looking for something to do? Do you enjoy spending time exploring the backroads of Ohio? Well then the Made in Wayne Country Trail is for you.
This year, the staff at the Wayne County Convention and Visitors Bureau came up with a fun way to explore Wayne County. They created “A Made in Wayne County Drive-it-Yourself Tour!” All 31 stops offer products made in Wayne County. If you visit 15 or more different locations, they will even send you a Wayne County t-shirt! All you need to do is ask a staff member to fill in your passport with the official Wayne County Trail stamp.
To get started:
Download Trail Map and Passport
HERE IS A LIST OF THE STOPS.
- Blue Barn Winery & Vineyard – 4407 Columbus Road, Wooster, OH 44691
- Troutman Winery & Vineyard – 4243 Columbus Road, Wooster, OH 44691
- Quince Bakery & Cafe’ – 4776 Kidron Rd., Kidron, OH 44636
- Jake’s Amish Furniture – 1255 Kidron Rd., Orrville, OH 44667
- Lehman’s Hardware – 4779 Kidron Rd., Dalton, Oh 44618
- MCC Connection – 4080 Kidron Rd., Kidron, Oh 44636
- Shisler’s Cheese House – 55 Kidron Rd., Orrville, OH 44667
- Dutch Kitchen Bakery – 14278 E. Lincolnway, Dalton, Oh 44618
- P. Graham Dunn – 630 Henry St., Dalton, Oh 44618
- Bent Ladder Cider & Wine – 3550 Mt. Eaton Rd., Doylestown, Oh 44230
- Rittman Orchards – 13548 Mt. Eaton Rd., Doylestown, Oh 44230
- Silver Run Winery & Vineyard – 376 Eastern Rd., Doylestown, Oh 44230
- Michael’s Bakery – 145 W. Market St., Orrville, Oh 44667
- The J.M Smucker Store – 333 Wadsworth Rd., Orrville, Oh 44667
- Minglewood Distillery – 437 E. South St., Wooster, Oh 44691
- Local Roots Market & Cafe’ – 140 S. Walnut St., Wooster, Oh 44691
- Templeton’s Scottish Bakery – 146 E. Liberty St., Wooster, Oh 44691
- Marshallville Packing – 50 E. Market St., Marshallville, Oh 44645
- Bauman Orchards – 161 Rittman Ave., Rittman, Oh 44270
- The Carpenter’s Cup – 116 W. Main St., Smithville, Oh 44677
- The Barn Restaurant – 131 N. Market St., Wooster, Oh 44691
- Hartzler Family Dairy – 5454 Cleveland Rd., Wooster, Oh 44691
- Schlabach Furniture – 11463 Harrison Rd., Apple Creek, OH 44606
- Des Dutch Essenhaus Bakery – 176 N. Market, Shreve, OH 44676
- Pine Tree Barn & Farms – 4374 Shreve Rd., Wooster, OH 44691
- JAFB Wooster Brewery – 120 Beall Ave., Wooster, OH 44691
- The Gathering Grounds Coffee – 131 N. Market St., Wooster, OH 44691
- Ramseyer Farms (Sept. & Oct.) – 4000 Ramseyer Ln., Wooster, OH 44691
- Lerch’s Donuts – (Hawkins Location Only)- 2312 Akron Rd., Wooster, OH 44691
- Whitefeather Meats – 14079 Cleveland Rd., Creston, OH 44217
- Canaan Meats – 11970 Canaan Center Rd, Creston, OH 44217
Here are a few suggestions from MyOhioFun.com:
- Make sure you pack a cooler. It’s a great place to store those perishable items that you will probably buy on the trail.
- Pack your camera. Download your trail map and print your passport.
- Looking for places to stay? Check out Wayne County Convention & Visitor’s Bureau list of hotels, and Bed & Breakfasts.
- If you are planning to do the trail on Sunday, you may find many of the stops closed. Here is my suggested itinerary for Sunday on the Made in Wayne County Trail:
> Start your morning with a donut from (Stop #29) Lerch’s Donuts. A treat you do not want to miss. They also have coffee.
>Take stroll in Secrest Arboretum. Admission is always free.
“Find pleasant vistas among open lawns and extensive plant collections, designed landscapes, educational exhibits and meeting places in this outdoor research laboratory and educational display garden. Gardens are handicapped accessible.”
>Explore (Stop #25) Pine Tree Barn & Farms. Then enjoy a delightful lunch in their Granary Restaurant. (Serving 11am – 2:30pm everyday.)
>Make sure you stop by (Stop #7) Shisler’s Cheese House. They are open on Sundays.
They offer some wonderful cheese selections, including sample packs.
>(Stop #21) Enjoy a little shopping and exploring at The Barn Restaurant and shops. The Oak Cupboard is an old-fashioned general store which offers a selection of edibles. The Buchanan Place is a Victorian farm house that is filled with gifts and collectibles. There is also a toy store on the premises. Then enjoy dinner in The Barn Restaurant. They have a great salad bar.
>Finish the day off with a glass of wine at (Stop #1) Blue Barn Winery & Vineyard or (Stop #2) Troutman Winery & Vineyard. Not a wine drinker? Then head to (Stop # 26) JAFB Wooster Brewery.