• Free ferry passage will be offered Saturday, May 27 through Memorial Day, May 29.
• Miller Ferry asks that Military Personnel and Veterans show identification at ticket booth.
• More than 20 island businesses will also offer discounts to Active Military & American Veterans.
Put-in-Bay, Ohio — May 20, 2017 — The small island in Lake Erie owes a lot to America’s military. Without Commodore Perry and his crew’s victory against the British in the Battle of Lake Erie during the War of 1812, Put-in-Bay’s landscape might look significantly different. To pay homage to these brave men and women, Miller Ferry is offering free passage to Active Military and American Veterans during the Memorial Day Weekend celebrations.
Active U.S. Military Personnel and American Veterans are invited to ride aboard the Miller Ferry at no charge Saturday, May 27 through Memorial Day, May 29. That same Military ID shown at the ticket booth will also obtain discounts at some of Put-in-Bay’s other fine establishments.
More than 20 additional island businesses have partnered with Miller Ferry to honor our American heroes, a few of which include a free bowl of famous lobster bisque at the Boardwalk Main & Upper Deck, 25% off meals at Pasquale’s Cafe, 50% of any food item at Mossbacks and a free souvenir pint glass with any purchase at the Put-in-Bay Brewing Company.
Perry’s Victory & International Peace Memorial will also pay respects to the fallen and veterans of the War of 1812 by blasting their historical muskets, as well as a 32-pound carronade.
For a full list of Active Military & American Veteran discounts and more information on the Memorial Day Weekend please visit www.millerferry.com/events.
Press release submitted by:
Katrina M. Reed
Miller Boat Line
Ferries to Put-in-Bay & Middle Bass, Ohio
- Perry’s International Peace Memorial and Visitor’s Center – Nation’s third tallest national monument.
- Stonehedge Estate & Historic Home Tour – Stonehenge Estate represents the many grape growing farms and family wineries that prospered on the Lake Erie islands in the mid-late 1800’s.
- Lake Erie Islands Historical Society & Museum – Artifacts from the old Put-In-Bay car races, island memorabilia located in a more than 6,000 sq. ft. display area.
- South Bass Island Light House Tour
- Perry’s Cave and Family Fun Center – Perry’s Cave, gemstone mining, 18 hole minature golf, antique car museum, Fort aMaze, Rock Climbing Wall and gift shop.
- The Butterfly House
- Crystal Cave – Crystal Cave is the world’s largest recorded geode and is located directly beneath the Winery. The walls are covered in celestite crystals.
- War of 18 Holes Mini Golf
- Put-in-Bay Jet Ski Rental
- Kayak the Bay
- Heineman’s Winery
- Put-in-Bay Winery on the Dollar Estate
Tour the Island
- Put-in-Bay Tour Train
- Put-in-Bay Boat Tours
For additional ideas and for more information about any of the above click here.