CLEVELAND, OHIO, March 28, 2018 –Cleveland Botanical Garden’s inaugural Spring Blooms show , which runs from Sunday, April 1 through Sunday, May 13, is a celebration of the season with thousands of outdoor bulbs, indoor and outdoor flower boxes and arrangements, tips for the home gardener, and engaging children’s activities.
Thousands of tulip, hyacinth, and narcissus bulbs provide a blanket of color throughout the Botanical Garden’s outdoor gardens. Designed flower boxes and potted arrangements line the Geis Terrace, where guests can relax on new patio seating.
Brilliant flowers and flowering trees will adorn the Botanical Garden’s indoor areas, featuring imaginative floral designs by Scott Robertson, owner and creative designer of Stems Fleur and codesigner of the Botanical Garden’s Orchid Mania show.
Children’s nature-based activities, including seed-planting, a pollination game, and flower scavenger hunt, will take place indoors in the Little Blooms children’s area, and outdoors in the Hershey Children’s Garden.
Spring Blooms highlights include:
– Nearly 10,000 spring bulbs planted throughout the outdoor gardens
– Make-and-take crafts, games, and a flower scavenger hunt in the Little Blooms children areas
– Seed-planting activities every day and special weekend activities in Hershey Children’s Garden
– Storytime in the Hershey Children’s Garden Treehouse: Tuesdays, 11am
– Spring Blooms Stroller Tours: Thursdays, April 5 – May 31, 11am
– Free floral demonstrations by guest florists: Wednesdays, 6pm
– Meet & Greet the Animals, Madagascar biome: Tuesday – Saturday, 11am & 2:30pm; Sunday,
– Butterfly Release, Costa Rica biome: Tuesday – Sunday, 2pm
– Glasshouse Tour: Tuesday – Sunday, 1pm; Wednesday, 7pm
Spring Blooms: April 1 – May 13
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday: 10am – 5pm
Wednesday: 10am – 9pm
Sunday: Noon – 5pm
Children (3-12): $8
Children 2 and under: Free
Spring Blooms tickets are available online, at the Botanical Garden ticket desk or by calling 216-721-1600, ext. 100. Advance ticket purchase is not required. The Botanical Garden is located at 11030 East Blvd., Cleveland, Ohio. Heated indoor parking is available for a fee, based on availability. Admission includes full access to the Botanical Garden, including the Eleanor Armstrong Smith Glasshouse and outdoor grounds (weather permitting). For complete details about Spring Blooms, visit cbgarden.org/spring-blooms.aspx.
About Cleveland Botanical Garden
Cleveland Botanical Garden, located in Cleveland’s University Circle cultural district, is an ever-changing urban oasis that provides enrichment and inspiration through 10 acres of beautiful outdoor gardens, the 18,000-square-foot Eleanor Armstrong Smith Glasshouse featuring the biomes of Madagascar and Costa Rica, and seasonal celebrations and exhibitions throughout the year. The Cleveland Botanical Garden and Holden Arboretum together make up Holden Forests & Gardens, which is making a positive impact in the region through urban greening and forestry initiatives, environmental research, and world-class visitor experiences at its two campuses.
Press release submitted by:
Explore Ohio’s Beautiful Gardens – read more.