Loudonville, Ohio – June 1, 2017 – There have been published reports about how employees are not taking vacations. Reports on how much people are in debt. The news bombards everyone every day. What if the news was more positive? What if vacation was possible and did not break the bank? That is where the Canoe Capital of Ohio can help. Here is a list of the top 5 free activities for the whole family to enjoy while staying in Mohican.
1. Parks & Trails – The Mohican State Park and Mohican-Memorial State Forest have free entry. This enables the family to enjoy the hiking trails, mountain bike trails and horse trails. There are over 100 miles of trails available to everyone in Mohican.
2. Nature Programs – The Mohican State Park Naturalist provides weekly programs and hikes. They are free and open to the public. Learn about the diversity of life that is native to Mohican, while having fun at the same time.
3. Take a Trip Down Memory Lane – The Cleo Redd Fisher Museum offers free admission to explore Mohican area’s unique history and its individuals that help put Mohican on the map.
4. Year-Round Events & Festivals – Yes, the majority of the Mohican events have no entry fee. View the bikes at the Inaugural American Legion Riders 257 Bike show in June. July has the award winning Loudonville Car Show and fireworks for the 4th of July weekend. Pleasant Hill Lake Park throughout the summer will offer free canoe and kayaking on Pleasant Hill Lake. In fall, return for the Free Loudonville Street Fair, Fall Foliage Drive-It-Yourself Tour and more. Visit DiscoverMohican.com for a listing of the events.
5. Mohican State Park Lodge – It does not matter if paying for the night or not, the Mohican State Park Lodge is open to the public all year. Several programs are offered at the Mohican Lodge that are free and open to everyone. See the Live Birds of Prey program every Saturday, now through October. See the birds up close and personal while learning about their diets and more. The Mohican State Park Naturalist also holds programs for all, and yes, it’s free. Paved pathways allows the entire family to enjoy a hike throughout the property that overlooks Pleasant Hill Lake.
All of those free activities allows room to choose that perfect place to stay. Whether at a castle, lodge, campground, Inn, or private rental there is something for everyone. Spend the rest of vacation canoeing, fishing, zip lining, conquering the aerial adventure park and more.
Find the adventure in Mohican. Discover Why Mohican Rocks!
Press Release submitted by:
Georgia Kaufman, Executive Director
Mohican-Loudonville Visitors Bureau
131 West Main Street in Loudonville OH 44842