“Oh, those Lemon Muffins!”
Just one of the reasons to make sure you head to Pine Tree Barn.
Located just a few minutes out of Downtown Wooster is a 25,000 square foot restored 1868 bank barn filled with home furnishings, a gift shop, year ’round holiday decorations, and a charming restaurant that offers views of the Kilbuck Valley.
This 3rd generation family run business also sells Christmas trees from the farm during the Christmas season. Making it a perfect destination during the holidays.
A visit would not be complete without enjoying lunch at the Granary Restaurant. The menu includes a nice selection of fresh salads, sandwiches, crepes, pasta, their famous French Onion soup and a dessert menu that includes pies, a brownie praline pecan sundae, cheesecake and those wonderful Lemon Muffins. When visiting I always get the quiche of the day with a spinach salad topped with a warm bacon dressing. So good!
If you don’t have enough room in your stomach to enjoy a Lemon muffin with your lunch, I do suggest you grab a 4-pack for home. Or you can try making them yourself. Pine Tree Barn has so graciously posted the recipe on their website.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Pine Tree Barn is located at 4374 Shreve Road • Wooster, Ohio 44691 • 330.264.1014 | pinetreebarn.com
- Lunch is served 7 days a week 11AM – 2:30PM year-round, except holidays. I always suggest that you call ahead for reservations.
- Pine Tree Barn is located just 10 minutes south of Downtown Wooster. Another great place to find unique shopping, local markets, bakeries, and the Rubbermaid Outlet store.
- If you enjoy spirits, Wayne County is home to local wineries, a distillery, and brewery.
- Other points of interest located in Wayne County are: Lehman’s Hardware, The Smucker’s Cafe, Rittman Orchards and Hartzler Family Dairy, and P. Graham Dunn Store and Factory.
- Contact the Wayne County Convention and Visitors Bureau for additional itinerary ideas, a FREE visitor guide and for overnight accommodations.
Follow us on Instagram #MyOhioFun.
Article and photos by: D. Rock, MyOhioFun.com
Editor’s note: Any use of the above article or images without prior permission, will be in violation of copyright laws.
***Disclosure: As always, all opinions are 100% my own.***