New in 2018! The Dennison Railroad Depot Museum will be having 16 train rides the weekends of October 6th-7th and 13th-14th. This is the first time since 2012 that the Depot has offered train rides other than Polar Express in December. Each ride lasts approximately one hour and will be traveling east. This will be an opportunity to ride “Rare Mileage” as passenger trains normally do not travel east in Dennison. Coach tickets are $25 for adults (13+), $20 for children ages (1-12). First Class tickets are $40 each for both children and adults. Private First Class Compartments are available that seat up to 5 or 6 people. Tickets for all our Fall Train Rides are on sale now by going to dennisondepot.eventbrite.com or by calling 740-922-6776; tickets will be mailed in September.
There are five different rides that you can choose from:
- The Storybook Express- October 6 & 13 departing at 12PM and 130PM. Come dressed as your favorite Storybook character and meet some famous Storybook Characters including the Mad Hatter, Little Red Riding Hood, Captain Hook and more! Enjoy a cookie and water on the train.
- Bing’s Magical Halloween Adventure– October 6 & 13 departing at 3PM. It is our famous WWI mascot Private Bulldog Bing’s 100th Birthday! Come celebrate in style by riding his Magical Halloween Adventure Train Ride. Put on your favorite Halloween costume and meet with Bing himself! Cookies and water will be served and children under 13 will be able to pick out their own pumpkin in the pumpkin patch.
- Chocolate and Cheese Sweetheart Ride– October 6 & 13 departing at 430PM. Grab your sweetheart and take them on this romantic trip complete with tastes of local chocolate and cheese. This ride is recommended for adult couples or small groups. The price for this ride is $35/ person for coach and $45/person for First Class.
- WWII Troop Train Ride– October 7 & 14 departing at 12PM. Relive the 1940’s and show your patriotism on our Troop Train Ride. Veterans ride FREE on this train. Treats are included on board and on the platform.
- Fall Foliage Train Ride– October 7 & 14 departing at 1:30PM, 3PM and 430PM. Want to enjoy a leisurely trip to see some autumn leaves? Then this is the ride for you! Light refreshments will be on board.
With five rides to choose from there is something for everyone!
The Dennison Railroad Depot Museum is located at 400 Center Street, Dennison, OH 44621. Located where US routes 36 and 250 and State Route 800 meet; 8 miles East of I-77, 36 miles North of I-70.
Phone: 740-922-6776 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Press release submitted by:
Jacob R. Masters
Director of Museums
Dennison Railroad Depot Museum
Historic Schoenbrunn Village
Museum of Clay Industry and Folk Art